Roasted Vegetable Pasta
The beauty of roasting vegetables is that you only need to spend the time preparing them (i.e. cutting them up) and all you do after that is throw them into an oven baking dish with olive oil and seasoning and let it cook itself for the required time frame. This sauce is great (and can be modified using any vegetable really) because not only are you getting a healthy dose of veggies, you are blending them up to really bring together the flavours and juices that developed during the baking process. This recipe may result in a large amount of sauce, so freeze (and date) any remaining sauce for future use and remember it would also make a lovely pizza base sauce too.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Timeout! Eager to help modify the overarching vibe for my steadfast business. Thinking on the nice feel at http://www.dentistryonbrant.com? Definitely a very good Burlington based dental clinic whenever necessary within the whole Ontario region. Offer a remark. Many thanks!
Prep Time 20 min Cook Time 50 min Total Time 1 hr 10 min
- 400 grams dried she'll pasta
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced not chopped
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon marjoram
- 1 Teaspoon of oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 ripe tomatoes cut in half (cut in half through the middle, NOT top down)
- 2 red capsicums cut in half and deseeded (bell pepper)
- 2 zucchinis (courgette), washed and cut in half and halved again length ways to provide a total of 8 pieces
- 1 eggplant (aubergine), peeled and cut into equal chunks
- (you want your zucchini and eggplant to be somewhat equal size so that they cook at the same speed. Capsicum (bell pepper) can be left as two halves.
- pre heat oven for 10 minutes to 190 degrees celsius (374 Fahrenheit)
- Get a large roasting dish and dribble 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of the dish
- place the tomatoes face down into oil, put in the eggplant and zucchini pieces and the capsicum halves too.
- dribble over remaining olive oil, sprinkle on sea salt, marjoram, oregano, chilli flakes and scatter the sliced garlic over the top.
- place into middle of the oven for 40mins of until capsicum looks a little charred and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let the vegetables stand for 15mins.
- If you do not like tomato skin, you can easily remove the skins from the roasted tomatoes and discard them, otherwise you can leave them on.
- Set up the food processor and place all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth. Make sure you add the remaining juices from the roasting so it keeps the sauce wet and not too thick.
- Set aside the sauce and now bring a saucepan of water to boil, once boiling add she'll pasta and continue to cook until pasta is al-dente.
- Strain pasta over the sink with a strainer, then pour pasta back into saucepan. Add roasted vegetable sauce to cover pasta and stir through well.
- Serve portions immediately, garnish with parsley and season with desired salt and pepper.
Cheers everyone! I had texted a buddy I can certainly discuss her great outstanding lawn care service in Haltons, http://friendlygiantmaintenance.ca during a site posting. If ever you are looking to find a landscaping service located in the Ontario area, these individuals are good.
Now, I definitely will remark the base idea for this unique blog was generously supplied through Paul over at Ontario Exterior. They're an amazing window & door suppliers. I really love a useful proposal!
http://www.aerosealsolutions.ca - An excellent resource.
Posted in Home Improvement Post Date 09/27/2016